Search This Blog

Saturday, 11 February 2012

My Top 5 Final Fantasy XIII-2 Songs

Hello my chirpy readers,

I've been kinda addicted to the Final Fantasy XIII-2 soundtrack, so I thought to myself, I may as well post my top 5 so far (although, this is subject to change.) I feel like I can't really list them in order yet, so I'm just going to list them in any order.

Paradigm Shift

This is one of the battle themes. But it makes me feel strange, I find this soothing; like I'm just laying on the ocean shore. You'd think this wouldn't go well at all with a battle theme, but it's actually a very well mixed soundtrack. There's a techno-like beat in the background, whilst the main chorus is a violinist playing a six bar melody (sorry if that's incorrect, I don't know my music terms very well, just listen and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Etro's Champion

When I first heard this song on the trailer, it got me so pumped up about this game. I mean, something about this soundtrack is just so exciting! It builds up to a climax, and once it reaches that climax; all hell breaks loose! It's amazing, just amazing, I feel like I can't explain it any other way

Worlds Collide

This song track, well, I don't know how to explain it. I just like it. It could be the subtle piano keys. It could be the dance/funk beat it has about it. Maybe it's the singer? Who knows? But one thing I have noticed about this game is that they've included ALOT more vocal tracks. This is one of the more tasteful ones, most of the other ones just sound too... j-pop

Here are some chocobos in battle attire... Because I wanted to okay?


This is one of the 'random encounter' battle themes. It got my juices flowing everytime I heard it. It was just like: "yay! Time to slay some hopelessly weak monster with chances of them joining my side!" I just love the electric guitar in this one. It's borderline Rock, I love it!

Crazy Chocobo

This... I mainly love this because they've turned the chocobo song in a hardcore metal song. If any of youse have played Final Fantasy as long as I have, you'll remember that's it's always a pretty mellow, upbeat melody whilst this one has adrenaline pumping sounds with screamo lyrics.

That's pretty much all I need to say about it. I know most of these are battle themes, that's probably because those are the ones you hear most so I guess I just related to them better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment